Center for Continuing Education


What is Continuing Education?
Continuing Education is defined as any program, course, seminar, lecture, or other activity designed to educate individuals and give them further skills or knowledge beyond formal education. The Center for Continuing Education is a part of the Mississippi State University Extension Service.  We specialize in sharing the knowledge and expertise of MSU through the offering of non-credit programs and services.  We offer programs and services in each of the following areas: Safety & Environmental Training, Continuing Education Units (CEUs), Professional Development, Conference & Coordination Services, Personal Enrichment, K-12 Programs, & High School Online.

Where are classes offered?
Our classes are offered at the main Mississippi State University campus, as well as at Extension Research & Extension Centers in Raymond, Biloxi, Stoneville, and Verona, MS.  In addition, some classes offered are held at locations specific to that class and participants will receive location information once they register for class.  For further assistance regarding class locations please visit our Campus Locations page for maps, office hours, and directions.  

How do I know where my class will be offered?
Continuing Education will send you a registration confirmation that will include the class location.  If you do not receive class location information in your registration confirmation you can contact our main office for assistance 662-325-5002.

Where can I park?
Parking permits are required for all vehicles parking on MSUs main campus from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.  Continuing Education students will receive a guest parking pass from their course instructor the first day of class.  These passes are to be placed inside your vehicle and visible at all times.

All parking restricted lots (Reserved, Service Zone, Exclusive Service, or Handicap) apply 24 hours, 7 days a week.  Any vehicle utilizing metered parking must pay the meter.   Map of available parking on MSU campus. 

Do I have to be formally admitted to the University to take continuing education classes?
Participants may register for Continuing Education (NON-CREDIT) courses without formal admission to Mississippi State University. 

Will Continuing Education courses appear on my transcript?
Continuing Education non-credit courses will not appear on your academic transcript.  

Are University employees eligible for tuition remission on Continuing Education classes?
Continuing Education classes are not eligible for MSU employee tuition remission. 

What forms of payment do you accept?
Continuing Education classes can be paid for by Credit Card (Master Card, Visa, Discover, and American Express), Personal Check, Cash, or charged to University departmental and or employee Banner accounts

How do I use the course catalog?
View the video here

How do I use the online learning portal orientation (Moodle)?
View the video here

CCE Featured Programs
Course Catalog
Join our mailing list today!

* Required Field

Contact us with your comments
or questions:
Center for Continuing Education
PO Box 7558
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Phone: 662-325-5002

Copyright © 2013–2017 MSU Extension Service. All rights reserved.
This page is maintained by MSU Extension Center for Technology Outreach.
For information regarding this page, please contact the Page Maintainer.
Mississippi State University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Legal
Center for Continuing Education